The Student's Opinion

The Student teaches.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Trip to the folks

So, the last two days weren't so bad.
Me and my Dad went up to Ballarat (country town) for my Grandpa's 80th birthday.
80th... it's a ripe old age.
Anyway, it wasn't so bad. We drove 2 hours to Ballarat, where we had lunch at a restaurant. It was strange seeing all of these relatives that I hadn't seen for years. Meh, they were all still cool.
After lunch, we returned to my Grandpa's house, where we spent a few hours figuring out the new digi-cam. It was alright, because my cousins were pretty techie as well, which meant we were able to get it all set up.
Then I spent about another hour playing Burnout.
Can you say "1000+ Takedowns"? That's right. I now have over 1000 takedowns.
Moving on, we stayed the night at a hotel.

In the morning, we got dressed and headed back to Grandpa's place, where we said our goodbyes and left.
So yeah, not a bad 2 days in my opinion.

I've almost finished reading Eldest, the sequel to Eragon.
It's a really good book. I think I've got about 100 pages left. I suggest everybody to find out about it.

So recently I've gotten into Podcasts. At the moment, I'm listening to GeekCast and Australian Gamer. Pro.
They're seriously really good. Although I suppose you would have to be a geek (such as moi) to really get it/be interested in them. Has some good stuff though.

So, I'm a member of Sals Runescape Forum (although I've stopped playing Runescape, I like to debate) and I suggested that the Admin create a User Group called Tech Support for me and a few others. He's agreed, but he needs a majority vote from the mods. At the last I heard it's 9-7 in my favour. Hopefully it sticks.
Not that I want power, more that I feel that the sign of recognition would help people understand that our opinions on Tech matter.

Not much else happening around here, just a quiet day. Happy New Year, and lookout for Guild Wars Help (www.guildwarshelp.com) to be realsed New Year's Day.

1 Comments:

At 2:43 AM, Blogger Man said...

So you proposed it. :O

 

Post a Comment

<< Home