The Student's Opinion

The Student teaches.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Let the games begin!

I stumbled across an intriguing page on Gamespot today. That page contained... I'm not exactly sure how many (there are lots) new titles that were slanted for release in 2007 for the PC. Some of these games I'd already heard about (AION by NCSoft, for example), but most I hadn't. So I'm going to put some of those titles here and why I think they look promising. This is also a list for personal use (so I can remember to save.)

Witcher: You play as a character called a 'Witcher', a warrior who has been trained to fight since childhood, who earns his living by killing monsters. You are a member of a brotherhood founded long ago to protect people from werewolves, the undead, and "a host of other beasts". This game is aimed at an older audience. It looks promising, and the screenshots look brilliant. However, we always have to remember the law of bullshot.

Warhammer Online: An MMORPG based on the table-top strategy RPG by Games Workshop, Warhammer Online lets you choose a race and forge a character from that race to begin your adventures in the Old World.

Stargate Worlds: An MMORPG based on Stargate: SG1 and Stargate Atlantis. That says enough in itself.

Crysis: The graphics look insanely realistic, but if the story is anything like Farcry's, I'll give this game a miss.


Also PC gamers, make sure to grab Unreal Tournament 2007, the next installment in the Unreal Tournament series.


Out.


1 Comments:

At 2:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...think Unreal would be a good game for a cybergaming tournament? I'm in the midst of running a DOTA one and future ideas would always be useful.
--Kronian

 

Post a Comment

<< Home