The Student's Opinion

The Student teaches.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Why older people are awesome, and why most people my age suck.

There's a reason why people my age have a bad reputation. My age "group" is difficult. Getting anything from anybody is now a lot harder, because we can now no longer rely on the "cuteness factor" of our pre-teens. Instead, we are known as a destructive generation. Greedy, self-centred and obnoxious. It's stereotype, and sadly, most people believe it.

I can't blame older people for describing my age group so, however. In fact if I was their age, I'd probably do the same thing. The fact is, most people that are in my age bracket SUCK BALLS. They're immature, and as said above, destructive, greedy and self-centred. It's true. If you want to appeal to a demographic of ages between 14-17 guys, tell dick and fart jokes. It's a market researchers gold, because it's cheap and easy. Being the greedy selfish people we are, we absolutely lap this shit up anyway, selling our souls to the conglomerate giants.

This is gonna get a little bit personal, but I can say that I vastly and more greatly enjoy spending time on games with most of the people I've met on the internet because a lot of them are more mature than a lot of the people I know in real life. Whether they're like that in real life or not, it doesn't matter, because the Internet grants them the ability to have a completely different personality. Whether they choose to be a total shitcock or not is up to them.

I had a think about this while working late last night. I had to work for 7 hours for Target. It was less daunting than expected, and I made a nice wad of cash from it too. Anyway, I spent the night working with people that all had drivers licenses, and were all very mature people. They had interesting stories to tell, a fantastic point of view on all things and were generally good to be around. So much so that I would rather spend a weekend hanging out with people that I've met like Jon, Jake, Darren, Tom and Alex than the people that I regularly hang out with sometimes. People that are mature.

As an aside, I know this entry will undoubtedly insult some people (because I know the people I'm talking about read this blog from time to time) and I'm sure there will be future rammifications because of it. But I write this blog because it's somewhere to post what I honestly believe. However I also know that some people that read this blog will feel the same way. Seriously though, wouldn't you rather spend time talking about things that matter instead of "PMg lolz liek dat guy r gai!!!".

Maybe it's just the angsty teen inside me trying to grow up faster than I should. I'm not really sure. Perhaps in a few years I'll look back on this post, and think "What was I looking forward to, being older sucks". I guess I'll just have to sit patiently and eagerly await the outcome.

I'm ready to make a difference in the world.


We're calling the comic Rick & Jazz. We've established a domain and 100mb server space (it's cheap as hell, and will do for now) thanks to a mutal friend of ours. Thanks Matt, we really appreciate it.
The first one is close to completion. I think Tony has done the artwork, all that's left is for me to colour it and put in my godlike writing. I'll link to it when the first few are up (we want to do at least three before we release it).


That's it for today. Later Daiz.

EDIT: To add to my point, I found out today that a great friend of mine was not in fact 18-19 as I had thought based on her maturity and the way she handles matters, but she in in fact 16 going on 17.

~born with a pen and paper in hand, Jake has been writing since he was five years old. His first story was titled "The skeleton and the princess" and was illustrated with glow-in-the-dark markers.

2 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

++

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger ArienKronian said...

o.O *points to your edit*

o.O o.O o.O
Ssshhh... don;t mention names. xD

Thanks for the Wildo affair mate! :D

and roflmao...Fraff thought I was a 12 yr old boy! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home