The Student's Opinion

The Student teaches.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Ron Howard gets it.

Gets what? Gets book-to-movie adaptations.

Don't get me wrong, Peter Jackson is a living legend. What he did to the Lord of the Rings trilogy was amazing. He took a potentially dangerous career move by chancing on doing that movie, and pulled it off nicely. He's in my top three directors list. Along with George Lucas and now RON HOWARD.

What's so special about Ron? Oh, only that he produced the finest book-to-movie adaptation ever. That's right people, I just saw the Da Vinci Code movie.

First let me say the critics don't know anything about rating this movie. They should all be fired. Where I live, movie critics gave it awful ratings for one reason or another. Why is that? Probably because they're all as biased as the Vatican is on this issue. The Da Vinci Code movie was spectacular. Marvellous. Splendiferous. See? It's so great that I have to resort to making up words to describe it.

The movie stayed amazingly true to the book. Only several minor parts were left out, not nearly deterring from the story as horrendously as the Harry Potter movies. They even added details that enhanced it, such as the explanation as to how Robert and Sophie managed to get inside the limousine from the plane without being seen by Scotland Yard's finest. There was also spectacular flashbacks of the Knight's Templar and an awe-inspiring flashback of the invasion on Jerusalem. Trebuchets and all.

If you read the Da Vinci Code, and you're not an ignorant catholic hypocrite (I don't mean all catholics are ignorant, but if you haven't read the Da Vinci Code, yet write it off as crap because your chuch says so, go and die) then I suggest you see this movie.

Fuck you, I say to the critics. The Da Vinci Code gets a 9.7/10 from me.

Post-Script: 0.3 of a mark was taken off because I didn't like Audrey Tautou's acting in some scenes.


Dan Brown will challenge your beliefs and rock your visions. If you like to think, I suggest you research his works more.
Out.

2 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap Drok. I can't agree more.

 
At 6:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm, i'm tempted now...i was going to go on friday, i had to pull out. Did you like a book as much as the movie?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home