The Student's Opinion

The Student teaches.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Two new mods... thoughts?

There's a forum that I regularly visit, which I will refer to as Slams.
Slams is quite popular, thousands and members, over a hundred thousand posts and a very tight community.
I've earned myself quite a reputation there as a trouble maker actually. It's a long tale, which I won't go through here.Regardless, I still have a lot of friends there, and it's fun to hang around.
Anyway, today I saw in the Announcements forum the announcement of two new moderators.
The new mods that were chosen are friends of mine. Honestly, only one of them is my friend really. The other one's a crybaby and a prick.
I know that taunt sounds lame (crybaby), but it applies, and I'm all for using appropriate language.
I am pleased that my friend moderator was promoted. His posts are thoughtful, meaningful and wise. Moderator material.
The other isn't. The other one posts meaningless posts, and honestly I don't agree with his election as a moderator. I suppose we'll see how he pans out, maybe he'll exceed expectations... won't make me like him anymore.

Ah well. The site administrators claim the forum is run like a democracy, so I suppose if the moderator fails in his duties I could always just rally everyone into getting him demoted (lots of moderator contraversy going on at the forums recently, if a mod is going to be demoted, now the time is).


At the moment I'm sitting at school, in English. Up until this year, I've enjoyed English. I'm enthusiastic about English, and I tend to be quite pedantic about grammar and spelling. However this year it's changed. While I'm still pedantic about such, English lessons have become a bore. We are no longer learning English, but instead doing Film and Book Analysis. Our teacher isn't helping either. Not only is her voice monotonous and tedious to listen to, but she's a real bitch. But I suppose in life we don't get to choose who our mentors and colleagues are to be, it's either like it or lump it. That seems to be the way the world runs now. Little choice, but much acceptance is required.

What a world we live in.


Might post something else tonight if I get something meaningful to say. Right now this post is really just me venting some frustration and killing time until my period is over.
Ugh, business management next... Well, I hope you're enjoying your day more than I am.

Out.

22 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Blogger ArienKronian said...

Heya Drok... tell me which one is ur "friend Mod" :P

-Kronian.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger ArienKronian said...

wait..forgot to add... i actually agree with u on the "democracy" thing.

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol yeh new zealanders and their sheep

 
At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the crybaby Yuan? Because he's one hell of a sook.

 
At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "crybaby" is most liekly Pat, well face it, he is.

 
At 4:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think he is talking about Deloch.

 
At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU CALL JAN? Man, you're glad I don't know you in real life, you asswipe. <_<

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I have to admit I think the crybaby has to be me. Anyway, no matter if it is me or Jan, I am amazed that you find the "courage" to post it in here, but that you didn't post it on Slams. Besides, when making comments like those, you could simply name who you ar reffering to, instead of making others have a go at both of us. I respect Jan a ton, and no matter what you think of him if he is the one you were refering to, he still is 100 times better than you.

I am just amazed that you, the one not afraid of stating his mind, post that in here without naming the person in question and that you do not do it on Slams. If you do not like me, then all I can say is that no matter if I can change your mind or not, I never expected everyone to like me, and that critics are something I must live with, no matter how hard it can be at times.

Also, to those ones posting under the nick anonymous, either get the vourage to assume your sayings, or don't post ;).

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woops, meant to say that you should be glad. Because I would not hesitate to castrate you with a pocketknife if you have any. Although... I don't think you do since you don't have enough to put your name next to your comment. <_<

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Man said...

Yeah I hate myself too.

 
At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yuanrang thinks he is so good, but he is nothing more than a big time loser. (he is boring too).

 
At 2:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think they both duited for the job. Who ever said the law was nice?

Hu Fluxx =D

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"yuanrang thinks he is so good, but he is nothing more than a big time loser. (he is boring too)."
Whoever said that, goto hell :D

 
At 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey drok, interesting blogg and thread

 
At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi drok, interesting blogg and thread

 
At 3:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you really rally to make a mod demodded? I don't like Jan being mod lets get rid of him and make drokarus mod

 
At 2:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Anonymous, tell us who you are

 
At 2:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah you noob stupid head!

 
At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Can you really rally to make a mod demodded? I don't like Jan being mod lets get rid of him and make drokarus mod"

I think that Yuan's doing a fine job. Why don't you like him?

I see lots of "Go to hell anonomyous"'s in your future :p

Why are you people so afraid to name yourself?

 
At 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi i'm anonomus number 11 and i think jan sux

 
At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

edit:
but i think eternaloldest sux more

 
At 1:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... how well thought out, anonomyous.
Personally I think you "sux". :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home