The Student's Opinion

The Student teaches.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Nickelback - worth a dime?

The answer, ladies and gents, is "Fuck Yeah" as vocalised by me and my comrades as we shouted ourselves hoarse at tonight's Nickelback concert.
This was my first real concert actually. I know what you're thinking. "First rock concert? I thought he was fucking metal!".
Well, no not really. Not to that level of status anyway.
Positive experience, I really enjoyed it. Let me give you a short run down.
First there was an opening act in the form of some band nobody had ever heard of that sung for 40 minutes, then there was a 20 minute intermission, and then Nickelback came on and played for about 2 hours.
The opening band was pretty much shouting and metal. It was pretty lame. After about twenty minutes I zoned out, pondering about what I would put in this blog entry, whether it would bode well for Nickelback or not. When Nickelback came on, the screaming started.
In fact, probably the only downside to the night was my friend sitting next to me was screaming like a fucking woman every time they played a song. While the two ladies, that were apart of our troupe, screamed like they were dying, it was tolerable. But my friend's screaming had a certain eerie quality that curdled blood and burst ear drums. It was like dying painfully at the end of each show.
Note to all you fellas out there: Screaming at rock concerts is FOR WOMEN.

Anyway, so they started the rock and we were all singing along. Eventually I plucked up enough courage to make an ass of myself throwing up the horns, which several people behind us followed, decreasing the feeling of isolation. From there proceeded a string of affirmative profanities (such as the aforementioned Fuck Yeah, frequently).
All in all it was a fantastic night that I'll be eager to repeat in the future.


All my tests went alright, got my assignments etc handed in on time so it's all sweet. No stress now for another week or so. Except for the pile of 5 tests that take 2 hours each to do that I have to complete for my "Induction" training so I can start working and get my paycheck.


'Til another night.
Out

3 Comments:

At 1:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock concerts always rock. :D

Ok, that sucked.

It sounds, disturbingly enough, like my first concert experience, even if the band was radically different (Cranberries. :P)

Concerts are always great. If the band is up to its name that is :P

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. And I don't scream at concerts. :P

WOW. U can start work so soon at your age? /me is slightly jealous. Can i come move to australia? :P
3 yrs of training more to go... i'll be 20 when i can start work.
-- Kronian

 
At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh... rock concerts :). I don't go often, but they can really kick ass. Concerts that aren't rock? Suck. It's no fun just standing there and acting a bit like a hippy. It sounds stupid, but I'm serious :P. Rock concerts are wild, fun, and just a riot in all. Getting caught in a mosh pit might be fun, but it will hurt like hell the next day :P.

But yeah. Nice to hear you saw one.
-Zandira

 

Post a Comment

<< Home