The Student's Opinion

The Student teaches.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Cover of the week's events

Friday: Got a haircut
Saturday: Played Tennis
Sunday: Went to the Otway Ranges
Monday: Day off school.

I've often wondered whether the hairdressers at the place I go to can read minds. I try to test them by thinking ridiculous things like "I smear peanut butter and banana juice in my hair of an evening" and see if they respond some way (verbally, or physically).
Anyway, the cut I got was one of the only haircuts I've liked in my life. Yes, it's not bad.
Short, I like it.

Tennis on the weekend was good. At first I was quite apprehensive (as I usually am whilst travelling to a venue where I'll be playing sport).
However, it turned out quite well. I won doubles and singles.
My singles was the more interesting. I was matched against a person with a hearing impairment.
I felt sorry for him, but realised that a Tennis player is a tennis player, despite their nationality, gender, or even impairment. He was an excellent player, with fast serves, and good accuracy.
We played a great match, I was the victor. We both played excellently.
After that, me and Ross (the guy I played) had a chat. It made me feel good to learn that Ross didn't feel self-pity, and he had learned to live with his hearing impairment. It was quite a unique feeling.
I can't imagine having a hearing impairment, and can't imagine the hardships it would bring upon oneself. It was moving stuff...
If I ever become wealthy, I think I'll donate lots of money to the technologies that will help to somehow repair hearing.

Sunday I went on the "Otway Fly" with my Dad and Uncle.
It was really interesting, I'd never done anything quite like it before. Basically, the Otway Fly is a walk through the canopies of a forest.
It was great to spend time with my Dad and Uncle on such an experience, because I don't see my Dad very often, and my Uncle even less frequently.
My Dad posted some pics on flickr. I'll get the link later.

I think I ate too much junk, however, because on Monday I felt ill.
Thus, I spent my day at home from school. It was good to have a break again, 'cos I got to finish some homework, as well as play Guild Wars, and do some reading.
Guild Wars is less thrilling than it used to be, although I think interest may be on the rise soon. I need two more skills and a couple of armour runes to finish my INVINCIMONK!
The Invincimonk is basically a monk, that is invincible (because the healing on it is higher than the damage being done do it). People use InvinciMonks for farming items and cash. Fun!
I can't wait until I've finished getting what I need. It'll be fun to trial the invincimonk.
I've come to love playing as a Monk. Healing people is fun. I'm not sure why... but I enjoy it.
A lot of monks bitch about how they get abused. Well, that's never happened to me. I think it might be the quality of a monk. If I may be a bit arrogant here, I think I've never been verbally abused because I'm a quality monk.

www.applegeeks.com
Started reading that comic. Very interesting.

Also, I've been watching The IT Crowd. It's English comedy about a bunch of Techies that work in a basement office, and their wacky hijinks. I don't usually "do" English comedy, but I've really enjoyed this one. Google it.

That's about it. Work experience next week. I can't wait.


~The hero of Canton, the man they call Jayne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home