The Student's Opinion

The Student teaches.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Reeding and watching

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



I know I'm not the first one (because if I am, the world is more narrow-minded than I first thought) to say that Scrubs is one of the greatest shows to air on TV, closely rivalled (but neither dominant nor inferior) by the likes of Cheers and Seinfeld.
It's not only because of the razor-sharp wit cleverly hidden like a hair amongst spaghetti within the humour, or the excellent characters. It's also because (and this is one that most people miss) the show has a moral to it. Every episode, the moral is revealed in JD's ramblings at the end.

"It's always nice to let your friends know you appreciate them, but sometimes you can't quite find words to show that appreciation. At the end of the day, the best thing to do is be honest"
"Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy"

The morals represented in the show are inspiring. If one understands what they're trying to tell the viewers, I suppose their hope is that the person will be inspired to go and practice those morals.
If you haven't seen Scrubs before, I suggest you do. My favourite show.


And now it's time for...
WORD ANALYSIS OF THE WEEK

Actually, it won't be done every week. But out of a matter of interest, I was once again thinking of some words in the English language and about how they became a reality.


So for this week:
Reed = River-weed

Genius, I know.


In case you were wondering, the "One Red Paperclip" guy, Kyle MacDonald finally achieved his goal of trading a red paperclip and progressively working his way up to a house.
http://oneredpaperclip.blogspot.com/

~mmmm... Illegal Danisssh

3 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jake, I've seen Scrubs before, and it's alright. :P

RS account pl0x? :P

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Fraff said...

I watched scrubs once and I just couldn't get into it. I wold rather be watching Seinfeld.

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Man said...

I've seen it once or twice, but House is the only medical drama for me. <3

 

Post a Comment

<< Home